San Antonio Office
- NEW ADDRESS:
7707 Ewing Halsell Dr.
San Antonio, TX 78229
NOTE: Preferred parking in the P3 Parking Garage
- Tel: 210-692-0577
Mon – Fri 7.30 AM – 4.00 PM
Referring Your Patients to Fertility Center of San Antonio
Entrusting us with your patient’s fertility care.
When you refer a patient to us at Fertility Center of San Antonio, you are placing them in capable, experienced hands. Our providers represent over 90 years of combined experience concentrating in the IVF and fertility world, supported by a team of 35 specially trained individuals who will treat your patient like family.
At Fertility Center of San Antonio, we pride ourselves on our ability to stay connected to the patient’s primary care provider. By referring your patient to us, we can promise that you will be fully informed about their experience and care plan every step of the way. Our commitment extends through their journey to fertility up through the first trimester, including early pregnancy sonograms, hormone assessment and support, as well as early noninvasive genetic screening.
If you have a patient who could benefit from meeting with our experienced team, we have a network of providers providing care across Central, West, and South Texas- all the way to McAllen.
Please contact us with new patient referrals at 210-692-0577 or 210-361-6899, or online here. We are here to help every Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM until 3:30 PM. Download our referring provider information here.
When to Refer Your Patient to A Fertility Specialist
In most cases, the faster we can assess a patient’s particular medical need, the higher our chance of success in reaching their fertility goals. With many factors playing a part, timing is critical. Please consider patient referral if they meet any of the following criteria:
- Known reproductive/anatomic issues (including Mullerian anomalies; septate uterus, endometrial polyps, submucous myomas, and all other fibroids).
- Any woman considering delaying childbearing for any reason.
- PCOS diagnosis or suspected PCOS diagnosis (we will assist in confirming the diagnosis of this complex metabolic condition and address any related reproductive issues).
- Endometriosis or suspected endometriosis.
- Uterine fibroids.
- POI: Any elevated FSH (>10), low AMH (<1.0), or concern of ovarian failure.
- Cancer diagnosis (we will schedule on an emergent basis for reproductive counsel).
- Women under 35 years old trying to conceive for more than one year.
- Women over 35 trying to conceive for more than six months.
- Male factor infertility or need for male testing.
- Women over 40 wishing to conceive.
- Thyroid conditions (we will monitor, treat, and/or refer to our team of medical endocrinologists).
- Failure of Clomid or other ovulation induction treatments.
- Patients who have had a tubal ligation or tubal obstruction.
Though it is not required for patient referral, it is helpful for us to have the following test results on hand if they have been completed within the last 12 months for females:
Up-to-date Pap smear as well as any gynecological evaluation of abnormal Pap smear
And for male patients, a semen analysis is helpful, but not required.
Female Patient Testing:
To assess the root cause of female infertility, we run full diagnostic testing on our female patients, including a Female Preconception Panel. For patient comfort and convenience, we have an in-house phlebotomist who handles all bloodwork, as well as 3 ultrasonographers for ovarian and follicle assessment. Many test results are available on the same day, thanks to our in-house approach to patient treatment.
Male Patient Testing:
For our male patients, we will complete a Comprehensive Semen Analysis, which is IVF-based, to detect any related male factor, as well as male reproductive hormone panels.
We offer a full range of testing, treatment, and surgeries, including (but not limited to):
- Blood testing (AMH/FSH) and others
- Surgeries (Minimally invasive laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, as well as major surgeries such as myomectomies, and tubal reversals).
- Treatments (Ovulation induction, superovulation, monitored timed intercourse, IUI, and all IVF-related treatments).
- Nature’s IVF® (InvoCell), IVF with ICSI, and the option of PGTA (pre-implantation embryo screening/testing).
View a full list of our services here.
Physician Referral Form