During a comprehensive fertility evaluation, we can perform a variety of tests to determine which treatment will be most appropriate for your needs. Each case of infertility is unique, so several tests and analyses may be required to determine the exact cause. Your fertility evaluation overview will be performed at Fertility Center of San Antonio in San Antonio, TX, by one of our highly trained doctors and our friendly team of specialists. Once the evaluation is complete, your doctor can guide you through your personalized treatment to help you achieve a successful pregnancy.
Depending upon your needs, our team can administer several tests to determine the source of infertility and plan treatment accordingly.
Available Fertility Evaluation Services
At Fertility Center of San Antonio, we provide several evaluation services, including:
- Embryo Biopsy: Our team performs this test during the beginning stages of in vitro fertilization. Before implantation, our genetic specialists can perform an embryo biopsy that includes preimplantation genetic screening (PGS) and preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) to determine if the embryos are healthy and have the correct number of chromosomes.
- Semen Analysis: Male factor infertility is responsible for at least 30 percent of infertility cases. During this procedure, we can analyze a semen sample to determine the sperm’s mobility, count, and the presence of any obstructions. Our specialists can also detect whether there are any antisperm antibodies, which can interfere with conception. In most cases, male factor infertility can be successfully treated after a thorough evaluation.
- Hormone Testing: Hormone imbalance in both men and women can negatively affect a patient’s ability to conceive and procreate. We can order a variety of blood tests to monitor cortisol, testosterone, estrogen, progesterone, FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone), AMH (anti-mullerian hormone), and LH (luteinizing hormone) levels.
- Evaluation of Ovarian Reserve: This test determines the number of eggs within your ovaries. As you age, your egg supply consistently declines. Complete depletion will trigger menopause, preventing you from successfully conceiving. Because menopause can develop in younger patients, it’s important to have your egg supply tested in your 30s. Patients with a low ovarian reserve may quality for IVF.
- Hysteroscopy: If you are having trouble conceiving, we can insert a thin tube and camera into your uterus to determine if there are any fibroids, polyps, scar tissue, or other factors causing abnormal bleeding.
- Andrology and Embryology: Our state-of-the-art facility enables us to perform semen and hormone analysis, as well as embryo evaluations at our in-house andrology and embryology laboratory. As such, we can provide more convenient treatments to our patients.
Why Choose Fertility Center of San Antonio?
We understand infertility can be a sensitive and overwhelming subject. Our caring and compassionate staff can ensure your privacy and comfort. The moment you walk through our doors, you will receive personalized, comprehensive care with the latest tests and technologies. Our doctors are highly respected in the industry and known for their success rates.
During a comprehensive fertility evaluation, we can perform a variety of tests to determine which treatment will be most appropriate for your needs.
Schedule Your Appointment
At Fertility Center of San Antonio, our patients are our number one priority, which is why we provide the highest quality care during each treatment. If you are interested in learning more about the fertility evaluations we offer, contact our office online today or you can reach us by calling (210) 692-0577 to schedule your initial consultation.